PRIVACY & ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS CONSENT STATEMENT
Why we collect personal information and credit information
We collect personal information and credit information about you and use that information for the following purposes:
- to deal with enquiries from you
- to assess your application including assessing your credit worthiness or arranging insurance
- to seek opportunities to arrange finance for you or insurance for you and to arrange, refer and deal with your application with credit providers, financial institutions or insurers
- for marketing purposes
- to notify credit providers of your credit information
- to comply with our legal obligations
Who we may collect your information from
We may collect personal information and credit information about you from someone else when we are providing our services to you. This includes collecting information from a government agency, referrer, credit reporting body, employer, real estate agent, a person you know, agent or credit provider.
Who we may disclose your information to
We may disclose personal information and credit information we collect to:
- credit providers including your credit report so that they can assess your application
- persons or companies who may or will be a guarantor
- persons or companies who may or will be a borrower you are guaranteeing
- our related companies
- credit reporting bodies such as Equifax
- credit providers, lenders, security providers, distributors and referrers
- service providers such as third-party back office support providers, marketers and technology providers
- government bodies
- debt collectors
- our external dispute resolution body
- our professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants and auditors
A third-party recipient of your personal information may use your personal information for any of the purposes we may use it and we may receive a fee associated with the disclosure of the personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to any organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us.
Exchange of information with Credit Reporting Bodies
We, or persons we disclose your information to, such as credit providers, may exchange information with credit reporting bodies. This includes information about your credit history, credit worthiness, credit liabilities, repayments and defaults.
Exchange of information with Credit Providers
As part of our services to you, we may exchange your personal information and credit information to one or more credit providers. A list of the most common credit providers who deal with us can be found on our website. Credit providers may also disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from credit report bodies.
Information about the handling of your personal information and credit information by a credit provider can be found on their website. Information may include:
- that the credit provider may disclose information about you to a credit reporting body or other credit providers for the purpose of assessing your credit
- that the credit provider may disclose information about you to a credit reporting about overdue consumer credit payments
- your rights to access or correct personal information held by the credit provider
- how the credit provider deals with complaints and disputes.
- your rights to request a credit reporting body not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider
- your right to request a credit report body not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud.
Using your information to communicate with you for marketing purposes
We may provide you with offers or information about other services we may be able to provide to you unless you tell us not to.
Consent for us to communicate electronically
You agree to, and provide your consent to us:
- sending you information that we are obliged to provide to you to meet our legal obligations
- sending you electronic messages rather than providing paper copies
- sending you documents and consents by electronic means including documents which you are required to sign and to enter into contracts by electronic means
Electronic messages, information and documents we send you will be to the email or mobile number you have provided us.
You acknowledge that in giving this permission, you agree to:
- use a computer and necessary computer programs and have access to the internet in order to interact with us and receive information we send you;
- regularly check youremail inbox, fax machine and phone;
- notify us of any changes to your electronic address or mobile phone number and absolve us from any liability if you fail to do so.
You may withdraw your permission for the above at any time, provide you give us one (1) business days’ notice and confirm your current residential address and contact details.
In this document, when we use the following words, they have the corresponding meaning:
“Company”, “we”, “our” and “us” means HG Holdings Pty Ltd together with our related bodies, affiliates and agents.
“credit information” means information or data which has been collected about you by a credit reporting body, a credit provider, government agency or other organisation which stores credit information and includes the type and amount of credit provided to you, the fact you have applied for credit, when you credit arrangement has been discharged, repayment history information, default information and court information.
“legal obligations” means any laws, regulations, practice statements, guides or codes (as amended) which we are required to comply with and includes the Privacy Act, the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act, the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and the Personal Property Securities Act.
“personal information” means information or data which has been collected about you from which your identity is apparent and includes your name, date of birth, residential address and government identifier numbers such as your drivers’ licence number.
“You” means the person giving their consent to collect, use, hold and disclose personal information and credit information pursuant to this document.
“website” means https://flexigo.com.au/
Acknowledgement and Consent
I acknowledge that I have read and understand this document and give my consent to the Company with respect to my personal information and credit information in accordance with this document.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
FlexiGo may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our SiteWe may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer serviceInformation you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.